Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Breastfeeding

Timur is nearly 2 years old and he is still breastfed. He seems to enjoy this privilege quite a lot. He gets it mostly before falling asleep, but when he comes home after a whole day in the nursery, he tends to demand some time on the breast too. This calms him down and we establish contact again. I thought that breastfeeding at this age had mostly nurturing function and not so much of a nutritious value, but the literature says the opposite. This is what Kelly Mom says: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextended/ebf-benefits.html#mother
It is true that Timur has not been really sick yet. He had/has a running nose, he threw up once, and has thin poo sometimes, but no fever or anything nightmarish. Whether this is due to breastfeeding or this is just him, I don't know. It is just even better that I can also benefit from breastfeeding, although I feel sometimes really tired, especially when I have my period too. I have no plans regarding the breastfeeding and I would be more than happy, if I could keep this up until Timur stops naturally. That's quite a challenge though, but obviously it would offer him a very special experience, and a good start in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home