Saturday, February 11, 2006

the first fall

The first fall happened about 10 days ago, when Timur fell off the couch. He fell asleep and since he was wrapped into a blanket, I thought he was safe. Then he woke up. He started mumbling to himself and slowly unwraped the blanket and moved to the edge of the couch. I heard the noises, but it was nothing alarming, I went on with my own things. Papa was also walking around. He had a busy day, he had to dress up nicely. While we were both busy, suddely Timur fell off the couch. ... He fell on his belly, but he still hit the floor with his head. We have carpet on the floor, so it's not that hard but still. I became very nervous and felt guilty for what happened. He cried for a while afterwards. I stayed next to him for the rest of the day, just in case. Mathijs says that the van Zutphens are hard-headed and they can take this much. Also dr. Spock said in his book that most babies fall at least once before the 7th month and that is ok, that belongs to it. This is how we all learn.

Besides, about a week before this accident, there was another time when Timur nearly fell off the couch. I managed to catch him at the very last moment. Then he was already hanging with his head from the couch. Scary!!! When I rescued him and was holding him in my lap he folded his hands together, like a little wise man, with an expression on his face: 'so what?' He made me smile. :)

After these incidents we made a safe and warm corner for him in the living-room. There is a flat sponge with lots of pillows, and some toys around. Now he can play and fall asleep any time he wants to. I guess, this is one of the functions of the Box. You'll hear our story with the box too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home