Saturday, February 11, 2006

the mother tongue issue - az anyanyelv, mely mindig leigáz, mondta valaki valaha

A friend of mine asked today, why I was writing in English. Yes, indeed, why am I writing notes to my beloved son in English, while I am communicating with him in my beautiful native tongue, Hungarian? Jó kérdés. I guess, I am living in such a multilingual and multicultural environment that I unconsciously chose a neutral language that can be well understood by all those, who are watching us via the ether and also for family members, friends and kindred souls both in paprika Hungaria, just as well in cheezy Holland, or the rest of this crazy world. Forgive me my dear anderstalige reader, there will be posts here in Hungarian as well, which on the long run I won't be able to avoid. Előbb utóbb kibújik a szög a zsákból.

Timur is raised bilingual, Hungarian and Dutch and he won't have a chance to escape learning English, since it's an essential part of this household.

Kedves magyar ajkú olvasó, szeretettel üdvözöllek ezen a honlapon és megigérem lesz magyar blog is. Ami késik nem múlik. Úgy tünik, hogy ez a nyelv eddig egyfajta titkos kód köztem és Timur között, de majd lassacskán előbújnak a történetek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home