Friday, October 23, 2009

Timur is 4 years old and he is going to school

Yes, Timur turned 4 couple of weeks ago and he seems to be a happy little fellow, which makes me even more happy. Many, many thanks again to Mina and Vitor who helped mama managing 7 four-year-olds at the birthday party.


Mama nearly forgot to record the most important moments... :)

He has stopped going to the nursery on 15 October and on Monday, 26 October he will start school. This week he has holiday, i.e. "herfstvakantie".

I actually feel sorry that the nursery stopped since Timur had such a good time there. He was eating well, it was well-organised, he had his friends there and I knew that he was at a good place. I was relaxed. Besides the fact that it was close, so it didn't take much time to go and pick him up. All in all it was a joyful time for all of us, which ended now.

And when something ends, something new begins. Hopefully, another joyful period of time. From Monday on Timur is going to the Guus Kieft School in Amstelveen. I don't intend to write much about the school here, the website explains everything.

What I saw so far in the school I liked and I think it's a good environment for Timur to develop in. There is lots of freedom and he has to build structure for himself. The "begeleiders" are nice and friendly and it seems to be a place where you are allowed to express even your emotions. You can open your heart to your fellows and you can also express your disappointment. Both will be received and handled in the right way. The goal is though to have a relaxed and inspiring sphere where kids preserve and develop their curiousity for the world. I am very curious myself what kind of developments I'm going to see in Timur. What I am definitely sure about is that he will improve his social skills, most importantly he will learn to handle conflicts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home