Friday, March 16, 2007

Timur and mama got wet in the lake

The weather was wonderful couple of days ago. There was glittering sunshine all over the place and the air was so warm that we did not need a coat outside. Timur enjoyed a lot walking in the park. He was walking on the side of that artificial lake in the Westerpark. He walked a good 200m, which took at least 10 mins, since he stopped after every two steps and looked around. At such times he examined other human beings or dogs and made short comments, which I didn't understand much of yet. This walking seemed so harmless that I didn't even guessed what was coming.
Timur made a 90 degree turn and went into the water in a jiffy. As good mother I wanted to stop him and so I tried. I quickly jumped next to him in the water, grabbed him, and when my foot reached the buttom of the lake, I fell. There was so much slippery dirt that I immediately lost control and fell into the water, pulling Timur with me. Typical, when a mother worries too much, she actually causes even bigger problems than otherwise. Another mother having picnic with her kids close by came to me and she repeated couple of times: "It went so fast." Well, I didn't have much to add apart from a "ja". I was not in a mood for chatting. Timur was very passive. He didn't seem to mind that much that he was completely wet up to his knees. While I was walking home I heard some laughter behind me, but fortunately we live 5 mins away from there, so the exposure was not too long. We took a warm bath at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home